MENTORSHIP AND EMPLOYMENT CREATION FOR YOUNG LAWYERS
Absence of a well structured mentorship, unemployment and/or underemployment are recurrent challenges facing the young lawyers in the practice of law in Nigeria. The #ALLINCLUSIVEBAR will prime these challenges and pursue strategic short/long term remedies to this menace. To demonstrate our fidelity hereof, we shall, if elected;
- Constitute an Action Plan Committee on Mentorship, Employment and Remuneration of Young Lawyers. This committee would submit a blueprint within a reasonable timeline for NEC deliberation/action at our first NEC meeting.
- Inspire hope and confidence in the younger members of this noble profession by giving them opportunities to associate, explore and favourably compete with their counterparts in the continent and other parts of the globe.
- Institute a robust Young Lawyers’ Exchange Program with Regional/International Bar Associations/bodies
- We will collaborate with financial institutions to provide loans for young lawyers that may decide to go into partnership or explore other complex and competitive opportunities in other branches of the law.
- Strengthen the NBA-YLF to become for efficient and responsive to the basic yearnings and aspirations of members.